Insurance Guide for International Patients
In case of a planned admission, to avail insurance coverage from your international insurance company, the following steps can be followed.
- Check with our Dept of International Patients Services if your insurance provider is recognized by our hospital for insurance covered treatment.
- If your company is listed you may contact them directly from your home country and seek an issue of GoP (Guarantee of Payment) by fax to our International Patients Service office.
- Once our International Patients office confirms the receipt of GoP from your insurance provider you can avail insurance covered treatment at our hospital.
- In cases where the International Patients Office contacts your insurance company (provided they are in our panel) for GoP on your behalf, your claim to avail insurance covered treatment will depend upon your insurance company's response and the hospital will not be responsible for any delay on their part. We will not entertain any GoP after discharge and in case of delayed response from Insurance Company you are required to make appropriate deposit to the hospital and if the delay extends to your discharge date you will need to make full payment to the hospital. The hospital will issue a refund of your deposit, subject to receipt of GoP from your insurance company. In cases where the GoP is delayed or not received at the hospital, you can claim a refund directly from your insurance provider. However refund will be subject to their discretion.
- Any hospital charges not covered by your insurance provider must be paid to the Hospital
- This happens mostly in a medical emergency. Most of the international insurance companies provide an option for contact in case of medical emergency. Please note that provision of emergency contact details by any international insurance company does not entail an insurance covered treatment at our hospital and it is strictly based on our arrangement with your insurance provider. However you will be provided all required medical care at our hospital and you can continue your treatment after paying the required deposit to the hospital.