We understand that seeking medical treatment outside your home country can be a physically and emotionally exhausting experience and we know that it can be stressful too. The International Patients Departments strives to ensure that you not only feel at home, but also go back to your country in good health.
The following steps would help you to visit us in a hassle-free and smooth fashion and enable you to have a happy and safe healing experience.
Get to know SIGMA – Through this website we have tried to provide you complete information about our hospital, doctors and range of services. We’ve also strived to answer your doubts and queries about why you should choose SIGMA Gastrocare, India as your medical care destination. Do take time to find out who we are, where we are, what services we provide, and what our hospital facilities are.
48 hour response time
We at SIGMA Gastrocare aim to respond to your query within 48 hours. Depending on the nature of the medical help required, the response could include advice on medical procedure along with a quote or if the concerned doctor feels that he/she needs to know more or view recent reports, we will communicate to you accordingly.
If you are traveling abroad for medical reasons for the first time, here are certain pointers to help you plan your journey better.
- Ask your doctor if you are fit to travel overseas with your medical condition.
- Once you decide to continue your treatment abroad, keep your local doctor informed so that you can continue follow up treatment without a hitch.
- Check the credentials of the doctor who will treat you.
- Find out about the procedure and compare your expectations with what’s achievable by the surgery. Also enquire about follow-up care needed, time required for recovery, physical therapy, etc.
- Please note that in most cases the final decisions on your treatment will be made only after the doctor meets you and examines you in person. It is possible that your doctor, upon examining you, may decide you are not fit for surgery, or recommends treatment different from what you initially planned.
- Certain documents must always be with you. Ensure that you carry multiple copies of the same and keep the originals in a safe place when abroad.
- Records like X-Rays, MRI’s, health histories, photographs, immunization records, prescriptions, and any other health records relevant to the surgery. Remember to carry all these medical reports and any medicines in your carry-on luggage.
- Passport and visa: You will need a passport for yourself and your travel companion (if any). Depending upon the country you are traveling from, you may or may not need a visa.
- Credit cards, debit cards and travelers cheques: Bring some local currency, travelers cheques and one or two major credit cards and debit cards.
- Carry your driver’s license, passport or any valid proof of identity and make sure it will remain valid while you’re traveling.
Your Stay in Kochi, Kerala
The international patient co-ordinator can help organize your stay in reputed five star, three star or comfortable guest rooms prior and post your treatment if required – according to your budget.
Points to remember while you are at our hospital
Registration at Hospital: You are required to produce your passport at the registration counter to get registered at our hospital. The hospital will maintain a copy of your passport (Photo page and visa page) in your hospital record. This is mandatory and is based on the directives from the Government of India.
Visa: If you are travelling on a medical visa, you are required to register at the Foreigners Regional Registration Office within 14 days of your arrival. The prescribed format for the same is available from your co-ordinator.